🚀 Step by Step Guide for Atlan Cloud Deployment on AWS
Step 1: Log in to AWS Console
- Log in to your AWS account.
- Ensure the logged-in user has the following policies attached.
Step 2: Create a new IAM user with programmatic access
- Create a new IAM user,
For an example - You can create an IAM user as 'atlan-infra'
- Attach the following EKS permissions to the user.
- Save the IAM credentials and User arn.
- You would be asked to share the IAM Credentials with the Atlan team. It will be used to access kubectl (Kubernetes) to help your developer team debug, diagnose, and troubleshoot any product issues.
Step 3: Create a new key pair on the EC2 section on your AWS Console
[ Note: If you already have an existing key pair, then you can skip this part. ]
- Visit the EC2 section on AWS Console and generate a new key pair with the name atlan-infra. The key pair is also referred to as KeyName.
- Once the key pair is created, a file named, atlan-infra.pem will be downloaded.
- Save the downloaded key pair file for future requirements.
Step 4: Run Cloud Formation template
Ensure you have enough Quota available for the instances mentioned in the Master List document shared in the AWS account. Atlan deployment uses Cloud Formation templates to deploy Atlan.
- To create a new stack Go to Cloud formation, within Services
- Click on Create Stack
- Choose Amazon S3 URL as the template source, and enter this template URL
- Update the following Parameters values
- Stack Name
Choose a stack name for the deployment. For example: Atlan
Enter the KeyName ( a.k.a key-pair name ) you have created in Step 3
Enter the License Signed URL that will be shared by the Atlan team at the time of deployment.
Add the user arn created earlier in step 2.
- In the review template step, review all the template details & scroll down to check both the acknowledgments.
- Finally, click on the Create stack button to create the stack.
Step 5: Share Stack Information with Atlan team
Once the Stack is successfully created, visit the output tab on the top toolbar and share the below-mentioned information with the Atlan team.
- Release Portal URL
- Nat Gateway IP
- IAM user credentials